University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina;
Ph.D., Clinical-Community Psychology, 1995, APA approved.
Dissertation: Psychoneuroimmunology: “Expression of Negative and Positive Events through Writing: Implications for Health and Psychotherapy.”
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri;
B.A., Psychology, 1989; Minor: Religious Studies
Summa cum laude
Honors Thesis: “Psychosocial Predictors of AIDS Prevention and Fear”
C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco, Certified Psychoanalyst, Sept. ’05- Dec., 2011.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training, Kaiser Permanente. Fremont, CA, Sep. ‘96-Aug., ‘97.
Brief therapy, adults, children and adolescents; family practice medical/psychiatric concerns.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training, Palo Alto Veterans Administration Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, Sep., ‘95-Feb., ‘97. Long-term psychotherapy, severe mental illness, trauma, dual diagnosis.
Pre-Doctoral Clinical Psychology Internship, Palo Alto Veterans Administration Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, Sep., ‘94-Aug., ‘95. APA approved. Long-term psychotherapy, severe mental illness, dual diagnosis, trauma, neuropsychology, behavioral medicine.
- George M. Keller Teaching Excellence Award, Notre Dame de Namur University, 2018
Notre Dame de Namur University, Faculty Development Grant, 2011
- Tenure, 2011
- Faculty Scholar, Dorothy Stang Center for Social Justice and Community Engagement, 2011
- Notre Dame de Namur University, Ten Year and Five Year Service Recognition Award, 2006, 2011
- Gronowski Outstanding Faculty of the Year, Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, 1998
- Summa cum laude, Distinguished Academic Achievement, University of Missouri, 1989
- Honors Scholar, Dept. of Psychology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, 1989
- C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco
- California Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- The Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health
- The Marce Society
- The International Society for the Study of Traumatic Stress